Skip to main content

Enrolling in NVUSD


To register a new student for the current 2019-20 school year please review the information on this page. 

Registration for new students for Fall 2020 begins October 28, 2019.

Open enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is Oct. 28 - Nov. 29, 2019. More information about Open Enrollment

Students are assigned to their school of residence, which is defined as "the assigned neighborhood school based on a student's Napa County home address."  Find your school of residence

Students may attend a different school based on space availability through open enrollment, or through a transfer request based on specific limited circumstances.

Proposed elementary school boundaries map for 2020-21 (pending Board of Education approval on Oct. 24, 2019)


1.  Use the School Finder to determine your School of Residence.

2.  Bring the following required items to your School of Residence and fill out the Registration Form: 

  • Parent picture ID or Caregiver Affidavit (if applicable)
  • Residency (Address) Verification   Proof of residency is NOT the same as proof of US citizenship. Residency verification is defined as "verification of a student's Napa County home address in connection to the assigned school in the neighborhood."
  • Age Verification  One of the following options must be provided:
    • Birth certificate
    • A religious, hospital, or physician's certification showing date of birth
    • A passport
    • An adoption record
    • An affidavit from a parent/guardian
    • Previously verified school records
  • Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
  • Completed Health Exam and Oral Exam forms  (included in enrollment packet)
  • Immunization records   
  • Copy of student's academic history or current report card

3.  If you wish to open enroll your child at a school other than your School of Residence, please visit the Open Enrollment page for instructions.



Enrollment Center
Elementary and Secondary (TK-12) enrollment 
Intradistrict Transfers
(NVUSD school to NVUSD school)

Inter-District Transfers
(K-12 transferring in or out of NVUSD)

Viviana Loera
Parent Engagement Coordinator

Christina Roberts
Senior Administrative Specialist
253-3815  x4822

About Intradistrict Transfers

Suzanne Trudelle

About Inter-District Transfers